Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Grandma Likes to Say

A few days ago, Megan and I took a trip to the library. When we go to the library, I give a basket to the kids and tell them how many books they can take off the shelves. They don't usually look much at the book while there, they just fill their baskets. Megan pulled a book off the shelf titled "My Grandma Likes to Say" by Denise Brennan-Nelson. I have to say this is a very cute book. It uses the cute sayings people say. For example, the following is a page from this book.

"'Everything's coming up roses,'
my grandma likes to say.
I'm not sure what she means
but I like it anyway.

They started in the garden,
but now they're everywhere!
They're in my bath and in my bed
and in my underwear!'

This book has some really cute pictures to go along with the text. It even goes through and gives you a little information about where the saying came from or what it actually means. Some other sayings it uses are: Hit the Hay, Like a Bull in a china Shop, I'm no Spring Chicken, When Pigs Fly, and a few others.

I think I enjoyed this book way more than the kids. But I have to say that this is probably the first kids book we've checked out that I really liked. What a fun read!

No comments: