I was trying to clean my kitchen while I listened to Daniel practicing his piano. It had been quiet from Megan for a bit, but the last thing I saw her doing was coloring. She can stay focused on one thing for quite awhile. I had the thought that she had been quiet for too long and that I should go check on her. But I didn't because I figured she was coloring. Not long after this thought she came down the stairs. Megan likes to go into the bathroom and play with the water. So as she was coming down the stairs I could see that she had been in the bathroom and her hair was wet and slicked back like she often does, but it did look slightly different this time. She sat in the kitchen for awhile and was reading some of her books to me. After about 10-15 minutes of this, I looked closely at her. Her hair had started to dry......and then I could tell what she had really been doing.
That's right.....she cut her hair. And she cut it short enough and in enough places that she now has an awful mullet. When I asked her why she cut it, she said that she was tired of it being in her face and that she was tired of having to do it. Oh my! She sure keeps me on my toes.
When I told her that I will take her to Michelle's to have her fix it, she became very angry and almost scared. She then said she didn't want it cut short. Wait..........then why did you take the scissors to it?
Later that night, I took some more pictures from all angles so that I could be sure that I had enough pictures of this event.
I was able to get her to Michelle (the girl who cuts our hair) fairly quickly. Thank heavens, because I really didn't want to take her too many places with that mullet she had given herself. Anyhow......here is the after. Now we wait for it to grow.
4 comments:
Oh my! She had fun with those scissors didn't she! The short hair is cute too, though! -Jen
I hate to even say it out loud - and I am knocking on wood as I type this - but I have been blessed with not having to experience this one. But really - her haircut is SO CUTE! She has just enough curl to give it a great shape. Don't worry, I won't mention that to her though. =)
Didn't look too bad! We have this issue every once in a while, and even my 8 year old joined in the fun a month ago (thankfully boys hair is short and looks normal again in a few weeks) and usually Ruthie's look okay, she just cut her bangs real short, but it looks kinda cute (and now the bangs are not in her eyes:)...)
I think most children do this at least once. She is beautiful even with shorter hair :)
Post a Comment