Sunday, June 07, 2015

Neglect

I've neglected my blog for too long now.  Over the past two years I have been spending the majority of my free time cross stitching Christmas stockings for the five of us.  This past Friday, I finished putting the last stitch on.  I just have to sew the remaining two together so they can be hung next to the kids stockings this year.  Unfortunately, sewing machine sewing isn't my thing, so I'll have to finish that in a couple of weeks when my mom can help me.

Either way, I can now move on to other neglected projects, such as keeping more up to date with my blog and catching up on scrapbooking.  I've done pretty good about keeping the family scrapbook fairly close to date, however, my children's books have fallen quite a bit behind.

So what have we been up to?  Well I guess I'll start with the most recent and move backwards.

Megan just had her end of the year ballet performance.  Unfortunately, this was not just the end of the year performance for Megan.  She has once again decided to stop dancing.  She enjoys the end product but the not what it takes to get there.  She really likes to work on her various craft projects more.  I've enjoyed her in ballet and will miss it.  Maybe Taylor will have the desire to do ballet and we'll try it again.  The video file is too big for this post, but you can see the video by following this link.  This video is of the dress rehearsal dance.  Definitely was not the best performance. She smiled very pretty during the actual performances and did a really good job.  She mentioned to me that she was confused at the dress rehearsal because it didn't look like the other girls were doing it right, so Megan didn't really dance the way she can.  She is a Crystal Fairy in Sleeping Beauty.




Last weekend we took a trip to our favorite Soapstone location.  Due to all the late rain and snow that we've received, we were told that Mirror Lake was still snow packed.  So we took a drive to check it out.  And this is what we found on June 1.


It was frozen!





We were told of an Enchanted Fairy Forest located in this area.  We tried to check it out, but due to the amount of rain we've received there was so much water we couldn't get across the river.  We'll put it on our to do list for later in the season.  Maybe then we'll be able to get across.

We stopped off at the Provo River Falls on our way back from Mirror Lake.  This is something we've seen before, however this time there was so much water.  I don't think I've ever seen so much water on these falls before.



We visited the Payson Temple open house. Somehow the picture that they take and email to you got lost somewhere.  I haven't received that picture yet.  I'm not sure what happened there.  It's been so great to be able to take my family to all the different temples that have been built or renovated here in Utah. And there's still more to come in not too long.




I purchased a hamster.  The kids named it Whiskers.



Due to my hamster purchase, the kids decided they wanted one.  Megan was the only one with the money to actually act on it.  She started with this one.  She name it Blondie.

Blondie got sick.  Megan was able to take her back to the pet store and trade it for a another hamster.   She named this one Winter.



I'll end there for now.  And I hope to keep things more up to date.  We've got some fun family vacations coming up!

No comments: