Thursday, April 08, 2010

What a day for Daniel!

Yesterday morning I went to Daniel's school to watch him receive his "Climbing Higher" award.  Students are nominated by their teacher for doing excellent in something.  I think they do this each week.  Daniel received his award for his reading.  He has been doing a lot of reading lately and is doing a great job at it.  He is Climbing higher in his reading. This picture is Daniel with his reward and the principal.
This picture is all the kids who earned their "Climbing Higher" award for the week.


Later that day Daniel also lost his first tooth! It has been loose for awhile, but he now finally lost it. He was worried about it. He has a couple of friends that they have been talking about ways that they lost their teeth. One friend says he waits til it falls out on its own. Another has said that his dad pulls it out with a piece of string. When Daniel asked if it hurt, the friend said, "oh yah!" So Daniel has not wanted to venture there. However, he has been having a hard time eating because it's been hurting so much. So at lunch time I told Daniel how my dad pulled out my teeth. My dad would grab a hold and yank. It usually hurt especially when he had to do it a couple of times. However, it was quick pain and then it was gone and I didn't have to worry about it. I mentioned that when Bryan got home, Daniel could ask his dad if he could help him with that if that's what he wanted to do.

Daniel is definitely an eater. So to have pain and not be able to eat what he wants when we wants, is a punishment for him. Bryan came home and asked dad if he would pull it out. It took Bryan a couple of tries but finally it came out. I asked Daniel if it hurt. He said no and now he is happy because he can eat whatever, whenever once again.

A side note: At lunch when we were talking about having daddy pull the tooth and how my dad pulled the tooth and that his friend's dad pulled the tooth, he then asked, "why can't the mom's pull the tooth?" I didn't have much of a response past a little laugh. Definitely something a dad should do!!

2 comments:

creativeguy said...

Daniel, Congrats on the award and the tooth!! Moms do so much, that Dad's have to have something to do.

Also remember that if the tooth fairy brings you any money for your tooth, you owe me for fixing your Slinky! Just kidding ;)

PS String is way better, but a Dad down the street from you used some pliers to get one out recently.

Jess and Jen said...

Oh, I never pulled a tooth out, I just let it stay in until it fell out on its own. Abby is the same as me and has lost all of her teeth while eating! I admire Daniel's bravery! -Jen