Monday, July 19, 2010

It's about time!

Due to the recent economic recession, the government and many mortgage companies have been offering all kinds of money, restructured loans, and other uncommon solutions so that no companies have to sink because they were dumb.  Personally, I think the companies should have been left to sink or swim on their own, but that's for another day.

All these hand-outs have left many of us who were both judicious in the use of our buying power AND fortunate enough to avoid a catastrophic economic event (like serious medical issues, job loss, etc) wondering why we are not being rewarded or even complimented on the responsible discharge of our obligations.  Where's the justice?  Isn't America built to reward the hard worker?

Our mortgage owner, Chase Manhattan Bank, recently gave us a glimmer of hope that there is justice somewhere in this twisted world.  They sent us a letter offering (for a limited time only) a no-fee rate reduction on our loan.  No appraisal, no income verification.  Just reduce the interest rate by 7/8%.  I still count my lucky stars that I haven't suffered a job loss or other catastrophic economic event.  At the same time, I've had a bit of hope restored in the idea that hard work pays off.

No comments: