Saturday, November 27, 2010

Simple Joys

I've always been told to make sure to stop and enjoy the simple things of life.  At times, I do find that I enjoy the simple things of life.  However, probably not as much as I should.  It's amazing to me to watch Daniel and Megan, how they really enjoy everything that's simple.  The most recent thing, walking through snow.  Since the first day we had snow, all the kids have wanted to do is play in it.  The first snow we had didn't bring much and so by the time we were able to get out into the snow, it was mostly gone.  A little while later we had a couple of snow storms that have made it possible for the kids to play in it.  Daniel really likes to play in it.  Megan loves to walk in it.

When I take Daniel to school, I walk.  That's the best time for me to get my exercising in.  However, this past week it has been too cold to do that.  And pushing a stroller through the snow is no fun.  But, I've driven to the church and from there all three of us walk to the school.  Megan has absolutely loved that time to walk in the snow.  This has been a gentle reminder to enjoy the simple things of life.

The following pictures are the children playing in the snow.

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: