Yesterday was the walk a thon for Daniel's new school, Endeavor Hall. It was a lot of fun had by all. We started the day off with playing on the playground. Daniel found one of his friends from his old school that will also be attending Endeavor Hall. He was pretty excited about that.
After the kids had a chance to play for a bit, the actual "walk" began. This walk was about a mile around the neighborhood and ended back at the park. I was planning on walking with everyone else, but didn't make it with the group in time. I was passing out the t-shirts and didn't get away. Bryan helped lead the walk with the principal.
After everyone returned from the walk, we ate lunch and then had some games. This gave the students a chance to meet their teachers and also meet some new friends that will be in their class.
What a great day! I know this event has helped Daniel not be so worried about attending a new school and having to make new friends. It was also great for me and Bryan to be around the faculty and get to see how they interact with the students. I am excited for school to begin and can't wait to see the things that Daniel will be learning!





No comments:
Post a Comment