Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Salad-Day 1 Oriental Cabbage and Chicken Salad

My cousin Sarah declared this first week of October, salad lovers week. Each day this week I will be posting a favorite salad of mine. For more salads, visit Sarah's Blog.

Day 1- Oriental Cabbage and Chicken Salad

2 cups chicken cooked and diced
4 cups cabbage, shredded
1 package chicken-flavored Ramen noodles
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/8 cup vinegar
1/8 salad oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 flavoring packet from Ramen noodles

Break noodles in a colnader and let sit in hot water until completely softened. Drain and combine first 4 ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine last 5 ingredients and add to noodle/chicken mixture. Refrigerate overnight or for several hours before serving.

This is a yummy salad. I like to serve it with freshly baked bread. The great thing about this salad, is that I can put it together when it's convenient and it won't get soggy. The longer it sits the better it tastes.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Yum! This is making me hungry! I am going to have to try it :) Thanks for sharing!

The Thomas Family said...

Looks great!!