Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Digital Scrapbooking

I am not one to scrapbook. I have always liked the way scrapbooks look. They are cute and fun to look at. I do not have the patience to go to the store, look at all the choices of paper, stamps, scissors, and other accessories to make a cute scrapbook. So my pictures right now consist of a large 3-ring binder, plastic sheets and plain white paper. I print the pictures that I want, glue them to the page and am lucky if I write the date of the picture on the paper. Until now!!

I have some friends in the ward that have put together a website and a way for you to scrapbook digitally. On this website is a tutorial to familiarize yourself on how to scrapbook using a particular photoshop. I thought I would try it out. So I downloaded the 30-day free trial of this program. I was also able to use this tutorial and work through it to learn how to have some cute and fun pages within my picture books. At first I didn't think that I would really get into it, but I'm one who will stick with something long enough to get my questions answered and really get a good feel for it. I ended up loving it. Below are a few pages that I have put together over the last few days. Some are really basic, others are more involved, but hey....I'm still learning.

The great thing about this is that I have no mess. If I make a mistake there is a nice delete button, or my preference ctrl+z. I can create something, decide if I like it, and either keep it or get rid of it without wasting any materials. I don't have to have a certain room just to hold all the materials and I don't have to constantly clean up when I'm done so that my kids don't get into it and mess things up. One other thing I enjoyed, was Megan helped design her birthday page. She picked colors and the pictures that she wanted on her page. Daniel got a little jealous that I wasn't doing a page for him. I told him after his birthday (July) he could help me design his page.








A BIG THANK YOU!!! to my friends who got me involved in this.

5 comments:

KB Morgan Fam said...

Looks great! What is the website? I've wanted to get into this for some time, but haven't had "time" or courage to jump into something so unfamiliar. You've motivated me to try again -- I'd love to know which photoshop you downloaded and go through the tutorial. Thanks!

natalie palmer said...

i've just started learning about this new digital scrapbook craze and i'm loving it! i think you did such a great job! i'm definitely going to look into your friends' website! thanks for the info!

Unknown said...

These are really fun. I looked at a digital scrapbooking website the other night....fuzzed my brain. I'll enjoy yours.

The Thomas Family said...

This really is a great idea. I don't do much scrapbooking because of the mess, etc., but maybe I should try this!

Shauna said...

I totally need to try this digital thing!